Equinom is a fully integrated food-tech company, combining agricultural know-how, sophisticated biochemical sensing, and deep technologies, including AI & computer vision methods, to develop delicious, nutritious, affordable, and sustainable non-GMO plant-based ingredients optimized for food from the ground up.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and capable Bioinformatician to join our Data Science team. The successful candidate will advance the analysis of high-throughput results and bring added value to the company’s computational platform by developing and improving our methods and algorithms. You will provide insights and collaborate with other stakeholders in the company to enhance the genetic gain of target traits.
Our vision is to be at the forefront of transforming our food system to one that sustainably feeds a growing population by harnessing the power of genetics, data science, artificial intelligence, and human ingenuity. If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is personally meaningful and impactful for the greater good, join our diverse team!
What will you do?
A great candidate will deal with the core technology underlying Equinom’s products, dividing your time between two main verticals:
- Genomic breeding: you will assist our breeding and selection process by building stable processes with SOA methods (GWAS, QTL, etc.) and analyzing high-throughput data to facilitate the advancement of optimal lines for non-GMO plant protein optimization. You will also collaborate closely with the breeders, developing innovative solutions that generate valuable information to support their breeding efforts and enable informed decision-making.
- Trait discovery and development: As part of our product pipeline, we use data analytics and modeling to relate the plant and its biology and environment to consumer-desired traits. You will take part in validating data generation processes and building models to advance visibility and predictability along the value chain.
What will you bring?
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or Genetics
- 2 - 3 years of practical experience in algorithm development in bioinformatics
- 2 - 3 years of practical experience in model development for data analytics
- Proficient in Python - object-oriented application design and development
- Programming experience in R
- Proven knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based tools, particularly on AWS
- Experience with Linux OS and Git/GitHub
- Deep system understanding
- Strong research capabilities, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- capable of working in a dynamic startup environment as part of the initial development team – team player
- Able to integrate knowledge from different disciplines (data engineers and researchers)
- Fluent in Hebrew and English
This is a full-time position, located in Givat-Brenner, Israel. Hybrid work environment. Reliable transportation is required.