The data analytics department is seeking a bioinformatician to advance and support the analytical processes of our computational breeding. The successful candidate will participate in all activities of the department, from designing and performing deep genotyping experiments, through statistical analysis of the results, providing insights and collaborating with the breeders on genetic selections. Also, the candidate will take responsibility for developing and maintaining Equinom’s cloud-based data infrastructure.
- Enhance genetic gain by application of genomics analyses.
- Plan and execute large-scale genotyping projects; perform and develop statistical methods such as genetic map construction and linkage studies; and contribute to genetic selections.
- Develop and execute analysis pipelines on deep sequencing projects, providing insights.
- Develop and maintain a cloud-based genomics data analytics system to support decision making.
- Collaborate with breeders and other parties to identify needs and deliver solutions.
- Put together protocols for efficient and reproducible workflows to ensure precise and punctual delivery.
- Minimum M.Sc. in bioinformatics or genetics.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in application of genomics to breeding.
- 2 to 3 years of experience programming with Python or R.
- Hands-on experience with NGS data analysis and bioinformatics tools.
- Experience with Linux OS, bash and SQL.
- Knowledge of Bayesian statistical and machine learning tools is an advantage.
- Innovative and punctual.