Equinom seeks a passionate and self-motivated individual to join the international team to advance and coordinate breeding research and yield trials in North America, with primary focus in the U.S.
- Work closely with Breeding leads in developing annual breeding plans and activities.
- Work closely with Sr. Breeding Coordinator in developing or aligning breeding processes and protocols.
- Execute and coordinate all breeding activities for peas and other legumes in US.
- Plan and Coordinate breeding field trials
- Collect and analyze phenotypic data and ensure better data quality.
- Work closely with genomics and data analytics team and coordinate the timely genomics data collection.
- Work closely with winter nurseries and coordinate and monitor the Seed logistics, including inventory, packaging, shipping etc.
- Engage with field inspectors and other external organizations and ensure timely contracts, agreements, and phytosanitary approvals.
- Manage contract work with service providers, supervise full and part-time employees.
- Contribute to and execute breeding strategies that are aligned with company vision.
- Master’s degree in Breeding, Agronomy or related field and 2-4 years of relevant work experience. Bachelor’s with additional industry work experience will also be considered.
- Ability and willingness for hands-on field work
- Highly motivated and well-organized individual with good interpersonal skills, capable of working independently and as part of an international and diverse team with ability to set project goals, make data-based decisions and pro-actively solve problems.
- Experience and good knowledge about agronomy and botany of legume crops.
- Experience with plant breeding, including molecular breeding, genetic purity, and statistical design of research trials.
- Experience with effective herbicide treatments for non-GMO soybean varieties
- Valid driver’s license is required.