At Equinom, we are looking to create better ingredients that provide a sustainable and accessible solution to the global food crisis. We seek a Business Development Manager for the North America market with curiosity, excellent problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit to drive business development activities for our products and solutions. Reporting to the Chief of Business Development, this position is responsible for identifying and prioritizing new business opportunities, executing against company-wide initiatives, and responsible for driving revenue and profit performance. The ideal candidate for this role will bring significant experience in ingredients or CPG companies and brings deep-understanding of the relevant technology to contribute to the growth of a fast-paced ingredient company. We are looking for someone who excels in partnership—both securing new customers and maintaining existing customer relationships.
Ready to take on this mission? We’d love to hear from you.
• Execute the sales and business development strategy and delivery of revenue targets and key objectives
• Collaborate with our R&D teams and external labs to find great customization, applications, and solutions to our customer's most critical problems.
• Support sales efforts and customer acquisition working directly with customers and partners and to identify customer needs and solutions
• Secure prospective customer appointments through targeted prospecting and other selling strategies.
• Proactively collaborate with leadership, operations and R&D teams
• Communicate and collaborate effectively with internal stake holders and external customers, collaborators, and strategic partners.
• Expertise in the food and ingredient eco-system in North America; specific knowledge of the plant-based foods landscape is a huge advantage.
• Experience in pre-sales, post sales, sales support roles in the ingredients and food industry.
• Able to leverage market insights and trends to develop innovative solutions
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal—ability to influence decision makers at all levels of organizations
• Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and able to coordinate multiple tasks in a timely manner, with minimal supervision and self-starting work style.
• Works well in a diverse team environment and capable of interacting with leadership in a cross-functional matrix organization. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment.
• Comfortable travelling domestically and internationally as required