The Regional Operations Manager's role is to assist the Operations and R&D teams with planning and managing the field trials and seed increases in Western Canada. The ROM will be responsible for planning the trials with the R&D team, and coordinating with service providers the implementation of the trials.
They will oversee all aspects and activities, including:
· Working closely with the breeding and operations teams to design the appropriate yield trials.
· Locating service providers for the various crops and trial needs.
· Coordinating and negotiating with service providers the trial requirements and site selection.
· Developing trial protocols according to breeding and operation’s needs.
· Working with service providers to implement the trial protocol.
· Monitoring and overseeing service providers' performance during the season.
This job will require significant amount of travel throughout the growing season (April to October).
· Bachelor’s degree in agronomy (preferred) or related field.
· At least 7 years of experience of managing field trials.
· Highly motivated, independent, and well-organized, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Problem solver and pro-active approach.
· Experienced and knowledgeable with growing field pea and other legumes (preferable).
· Experience with plant breeding, including genetic purity, and statistical design of research trials (preferable).
· Valid driver’s license is required.