From population growth to climate change, our current food system cannot continue to support future generations under current conditions. At Equinom, we’re on a mission to cultivate better food from the ground up. Founded in 2012, we have developed an elegant solution to solve the world’s food crises by evolving the way we eat—through proprietary non-GMO technology and leveraging mother nature’s biodiversity to create delicious, nutritious, and sustainable ingredients. Whether you’re passionate about sustainability, enjoy problem-solving, or a combination of both, we continue to grow our team looking for new talent to join us in our global Food Tech environment with team members based in Israel and the United States.
You will have a leading role in the R&D group steering the company’s technological roadmap. This role is responsible for leading the ML/AI/Data Science and software activities of our technology platform including the design/architecture, implementation and execution of the algorithms and software.
The ideal candidate brings a strong mathematical background, analytic and algorithmic approach, experienced in developing and implementing machine learning based algorithms (data analysis, prototyping, development, production, and monitoring) preferably for biological applications. A system understanding and product-oriented approach is required.
This is a full-time position in our R&D Center located in Givat Brenner, Israel.
What do you bring?
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. Degrees in Exact Science (Physics/Computer Sciences/Mathematics) or Electrical/Computer/Biomedical Engineering.
- At least 5 years of algorithm development.
- Proven experience in the field of machine learning and data processing, as a data scientist with industry experience building and deploying machine learning models into production.
- Strong programming capabilities (Python/SQL) and leveraging the AWS Data and Analytics stack.
- Experience with ML ops and related methodologies.
- Experience in development of commercial products with a mindset of continuous learning and the ability to see the"big picture" and understand the business side of things.
- Strong research capabilities, problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- At least 3 years’ experience with team management and subcontractor management.
- Experience with biological datasets is a significant advantage.
- Deep system understanding
- Apply your data expertise to our data modeling processes, such as ETLs, complex data analyses and data enrichment.
- Improve the data collection process to ensure all relevant information is collected for model development.
- Analyze a wide array of data sources, including laboratory experiments, spectroscopy, images, and multivariate time series.
- Team player with management capabilities.
- Able to integrate knowledge from different disciplines (data engineering and research).
- Resourceful and driven who delivers upon commitments and strives for excellence.
- Capable of working in a dynamic startup environment as part of the initial development team