We are looking for an outstanding individual to lead the commercialization of a portfolio of plant based functional ingredients. This position comprises primary responsibility for functional ingredient development from the initial concept through final commercialization phases. The ideal candidate has excellent scientific, analytical, strategic, and leadership skills to lead the development of processes and solutions in a fast-paced ingredient company and has an outstanding record of impactful contributions.
- Leading the evolving ingredient department within the company.
- Develop, lead and promote the value proposition for each new ingredient.
- Responsible to bring the industry cutting edge technology for ingredient processing and ensure that the teams are up-to-date with the latest developments in the market
- Oversee the development of specifications internally and externally.
- Comprehend and apply principles of scale-up of unit operations within the food industry
- Leverage both internal and external resources to identify and analyze challenges, develop solutions, and implement recommendations in the achievement of our ingredients plans
- Support customer facing meetings, bring in-depth ingredient processing knowledge.
- Work with Product and R&D departments to define future ingredients and required traits and lead the know how part of our solutions.
- Support and proactively engage in technology transfer to commercialization and R&D teams
- Optimization of ingredient processes for scale-up manufacturing and participate in trials
- Understand and comply with all relevant food and safety regulations in pilot and food manufacturing environments
- Develop a close functional relationship with Innovation team members to review projects and products, and provide expert opinions and manage the allocation and engagement of extrusion team on projects
- Eng./ BSc in Biochemical engineering, food Process Engineering, Food Science or other related field
- At least 5+ years of experience in plant-based ingredient processing throughout the top-notch food processing technologies. Acquaintance with protein processing – an advantage
- In depth and practical experience of operational workflows and considerations as well as with production food processing equipment
- Practical experience in successfully leading cross functional projects or teams
- Ability to lead and promote changes within the company, strategic thinking and ability to lead by example and influence cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders; Internally and externally
- Works well in a diverse team environment and capable of influential leadership in a cross-functional organization
- Capable of responding quickly to evolving priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a fast-moving environment