Equinom is a fully integrated food-tech company, combining agricultural know-how, sophisticated biochemical sensing, and deep technologies, including AI & computer vision methods, to develop delicious, nutritious, affordable, and sustainable non-GMO plant-based ingredients optimized for food from the ground up.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated, and capable LIMS Administrator to join our Protein R&D team. The LIMS Administrator will be responsible for the advanced configuration, customization, and continuous improvement of the Equinom Laboratory Information Management System.
Our vision is to be at the forefront of transforming our food system to one that sustainably feeds a growing population by harnessing the power of genetics, data science, Artificial Intelligence, and human ingenuity. If you want an exciting and rewarding career that is personally meaningful and impactful to the greater food, join our diverse team!
What will you do?
You will help implement laboratory protocols, processes, and new technologies to LIMS, by managing unique applications, that will streamline data-driven processes.You will work closely with the laboratory team on a daily basis, and be the focal point in collaboration with IT, data engineers and data analysts.
- Manage the definition of LIMS together with relevant stakeholders (food technologists, lab technicians and data scientists) to better design how data is generated and stored.
- Work closely with lab teams to learn lab processes, workflow, and lab requirements to continuously develop LIMS.
- Support lab users in their daily usage of the LIMS (users training, data documentation, analysis, and data automation flow from LIMS users to data scientists).
- Identify issues of LIMS based on daily operations and resolve them by developing enhancements in collaboration with users and software developers.
- Translate new analytical processes and integrate new equipment/technologies into LIMS and manage successful implementation.
- Write SQL-based insights using relational database concepts and schema design principles.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in science, or in management information systems, or a related field with relevant work experience.
- Ability to gather, characterize and streamline lab processes with a creative problem-solving attitude: to evaluate problems, identify root causes, create action plans, assess impact, and develop resolution options
- Experience working in laboratory/scientific/R&D environments with Labware applications is an advantage
- Software development, experience in programming languages - Phyton and SQL is an advantage
- Capable of working in a dynamic startup environment as part of the initial development team – team player
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills
- Opportunities to expand the role into other areas in the lab (such as data engineering and process optimization) for candidates with interest and relevant skills
This is a full-time position, located in Givat-Brenner, Israel. Hybrid work environment. Reliable transportation required.