Equinom is a fully integrated food-tech company, combining agricultural know-how, sophisticated biochemical sensing, and deep technologies (including AI & computer vision methods) to develop delicious, nutritious, affordable, and sustainable non-GMO plant-based ingredients optimized for food from the ground up.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Research Scientist to join our innovative protein R&D department and help us develop innovative methods and technologies to breed new protein-rich crops (including soy, pea, chickpea, mung bean etc.)with ideal traits for use in alternative protein food products. Your core responsibilities include developing quantitative tools for the selection of alternative, better-tasting, and highly functional proteins, supporting the characterization of grain and protein products, and leading biochemistry taste and aroma research.
What will you do?
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, planning, and execution of R&D projects using diverse analytical methods for compositional (colorimetric assays, starch, oligosaccharides quantification, etc.) and sensorial analyses (electronic nose, etc).
- Developing biochemical methods and assays for protein quality evaluation, supporting product characterization and leading biochemistry taste and aroma research.
- Interpretation and analysis of results.
- Proactive engagement in the assessment of new technology needs and gaps.
- Collaborative work with the biochemistry team on the implementation of newly developed technologies into the working process.
- Presenting development results internally and externally to cross-functional teams.
What will you bring?
- Ph.D. in Biology/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Chemistry
- Proven hands-on laboratory experience, Industrial experience is a plus.
- Scientific and data analytics capabilities that are reflected in the analysis and interpretation of experimental results.
- Experience in Gas chromatography an advantage
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and solid problem-solving skills.
- High organization skills, planning and prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to work in fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills in Hebrew and English both written and verbal, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Full-time job, located in Givat-Brenner, hybrid work environment. (Reliable transportation required).