Equinom has built a R&D Center of Excellence in Givat Brenner, Israel, with state-of-the-art laboratory capabilities for biochemical, functional, and organoleptic analyses of food ingredients as well as an AI platform connecting the large data to food applications. The prospective employee will be part of a transdisciplinary team that will research program in developing and validating methodologies for discovery of innovative food products through improved ingredients in seed.
- Design and conduct biochemical experiments using diverse analytical methods such as colorimetric assays, protein composition and analysis, starch, and oligosaccharides purification.
- Develop processes and protocols for application of new laboratory instruments into production.
- Develop, validate, and implement of high throughput (HT) methods for screening of large number of samples.
- M.Sc. in biochemistry with proven academic or industrial laboratory experience.
- Experience in application of biochemistry to protein processing and analysis – An advantage
- Experience in development of biochemical assays- is an advantage.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments independently.
- Scientific and analytical thinking that can be reflected in the analysis and interpretation of complex statistical results.
- Previous work translating Biochemical assays into High Throughput measurements (automated systems / robotics)- an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability for multi-tasking and to work under tight schedule.
- High organization skills for planning and prioritization of tasks.
- Superb problem-solving skills, creativity and thinking outside the box.
- Excellent experience with Excel, Office, statistical software, like Phyton and R (is an advantage)
- Fluent English (written, spoken).