Equinom is looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking individual with a deep understanding of the global specialty grain trading market to lead one of its major business units and take full responsibility for the global sales and business strategy and execution of this product line.
The ideal candidate has the network and acumen to accelerate the acceptance and use of Equinom’s Smarter Sesame seeds. He or she will be a resourceful person and will build, develop and maintain long term strategic partnerships to support creative commercial interests of all parties involved.
Ultimately, an exceptional candidate should be adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Guide development and implementation of short- and long-range plans that span the functional areas of business development, sales/marketing, channel management, production, logistics, supply chain management, finance, administration, and human resources to meet Equinom sesame business revenue, EBITDA, and other targets.
- Hire, coach, and assess the Equinom sesame team to deliver a strategy designed to significantly grow the business. Develop and lead the cross-functional team in process implementation and end-to-end management of the business. Foster productive collaboration between Equinom managers and other functional leaders within Equinom.
- Integrate the sales and operations planning process to ensure that production plans are aligned to meet sales demand and exceed customer service levels. Plan, develop, and manage physical assets to carry out supply chain activities, such as production farms, plants, and labs. Integrate production, processing, warehousing, and quality control activities. Foster good relationships with producers, processors, land owners, and vendors.
- Engage and effectively communicate results, strategy, and market dynamics to Equinom management. Collaborate with Equinom leaders to develop target product profiles and effectively manage key stakeholder relationships. Work with other Company management in business development negotiations in various transactions, such as licensing of intellectual property and structuring of collaborations.
- Increase the company's revenue by identifying and closing business opportunities, developing long-term relationships with both customers and partners, and ensuring Equinom's Smarter Sesame is a go-to-market success.
- 15+ years of experience in an international sales role with proven success in leading a product line or a business unit at any industry. Grain or food trading business experience required and global specialty grain market understanding strongly preferred.
- Experience with grains trading, proven ability to close deals and develop commercial track records in a B&B environment.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the global specialty grain market
- Global market experience including APAC, specifically, China & Japan - an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with clients, partners, and peers.
- Experience working for a start-ups company- an advantage.
- Experience as a general or commercial manager with P&L responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in agriculture, plant sciences, business or a related discipline. An advanced degree/MBA is a plus.
- Seed industry experience and a strong network in the seed industry is required with a strong preference for specialty seed experience. Broad understanding of current and evolving plant improvement technologies and understanding of logistical, supply chain and production functions.
- Entrepreneurial vision and strategic orientation with solid grasp of business management principles and ability to act opportunistically in the context of Equinom’s structure and sesame business.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, inspiring, and innovative. A personality and manner that portrays confidence, initiative, adaptability, sound judgment, and a straightforward tenor to interpersonal relationships. Skilled at fostering trust.